Wow! I always see these types of awards going round the internet and never thought that one would come along my way. But thanks to the wonderful Victoria C Rae , Life of Lauraa has been nominated for the Liebster Award. From reading a bit about this I found out that it’s an award to promote bloggers and to discover new blogs and make friends within the bloggy community!
So thank you very much, Victoria, for my nomination. Make sure you go have a look at her blog; I love reading about what she’s been up to and especially love hearing how she’s getting on writing her book! I think it is an amazing achievement and very inspiring.
The rules of the award:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate at least 5 but no more than 11 bloggers who you think deserve the award
- Tell those bloggers you nominated them
- Create 11 original questions for your nominees to answer
Questions for me to answer
Why did you decide to start blogging?
I was looking into doing creative writing at uni and whilst I was looking at the different courses and unis I thought that it would be good to start getting a bit of writing experience. I had no idea what I was doing or where to even begin, so I put a text post out on tumblr, asking how I could go about setting up a blog, and a girl replied to it saying to go on WordPress. And thus Life of Lauraa was born!
Who is your biggest fictional crush?
Does Chuck Bass count? I am seriously in love with him. I just want to be Blair Waldorf – partly because she is amazing but mostly because she has Chuck. But as much as I love him, I think my longest running crush would have to be Edward Cullen. I am not ashamed about my love for the twilight series!
What’s a skill you wish you had?
I wish I could do gymnastics or at least some acro tricks. I keep trying but I’m too scared of falling on the floor to get any good at them.
How many books did you read last year?
I think I read around 20-25, I started to keep track at the start of the year but lost it! My resolution last year was to read 25 books in the year so I think I achieved it.
Which was your favourite?
Probably Sleepless in Manhattan by Sarah Morgan and the rest of the books in her series. I’ve talked about this book in one of my book talk posts, so you can read what I thought about it here.
If you were thrown back in time which time period would you hope to end up in and why?
I think I would hope to end up in the 1950’s, just so I could wear those beautiful dresses!
What are you most looking forward to in 2017?
Moving into my new student house with my friends in the summer! We’ve already had it all sorted out since October and I can’t wait to get moved in, to decorate my room and to live with my best friends.
What is your all time favourite TV show?
There are so many to choose from! I can’t pick between my favourites because I love them all; so it’s a tie between Gossip Girl, The Vampire Diaries, Doctor Who, Gavin and Stacy and Friends!
Do you have any plans for your blog?
Not specific plans as such but just to post more content, get to know more bloggers and get more people reading my stuff!
What is one of your biggest life goals and how do you hope to achieve it?
This is a hard one. I’m not really the sort of person who sets goals or looks ahead to the future. But I guess I would love to actually become a published writer and make a successful career out of it. Also I would love to someday maybe create my own products like notebooks and cute stationary and have a little online shop. I would also love to spend some time living in New York. How I’m going to achieve all this I have no idea.
What animal do you most closely relate to?
A puppy! A very excitable puppy.
I would like to nominate:
My questions for you:
- In a film about your life, who would you get to play you? And what would the film be called?
- What superpower would you most want to have and why?
- What’s your favourite form of social media?
- What plans do you have for your blog for 2017?
- What is your favourite style of post to write?
- Do you have any pets? If so who and what are they? And if not then what would you get as a pet?
- Who or what inspires your blog?
- What’s your favourite type of cheese?
- Who is your biggest fictional female icon?
- What is your natural hair colour? And if you don’t dye your hair, would you and what colour would you go?
- If you could star in a West End musical which one would it be?
For more information about the award then you can check out the post I found about it here.